When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Badge & Decal questions: need to know what you've seen OG

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

juanitasmith13

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Have three items [scenarios] that are driving me nuts; can not find really good 1958 or 1960 photos that help me decide what I want to do.... Need those of you that have OG photos or experience to help guide my thots/actions:

Scenario #1: I have a 1958 'step-thru' in 24" wheel diameter. I feel the chain-guard decal should be as the attached photo, below [copped from web]. I can not find a supplier of this decal... anyone know of someone who has this? OR, should I use the earlier, black & gold 'speeding' Hornet [plus bee figure]... notice the horn tank decals originally were [and now are on mine] the 'speeding' variety [black trailing lines that depict motion]. See photo.
1958 hornet decal.jpg

Scenario #2: This is about my same 1958 24" Hornet step-through; but, also about my 1960 Tiger 26" mans. Knowing 1960 was the last year for big badges; Seeing many 1950s Hornets and Tigers with Aluminum badges that have a colored background to match the bike color; I also see many badges that are all aluminum... no colored background. Which [colored background or all aluminum] is correct, or, are both styles correct? My black Tiger came to me @ ~55 years old and looking like trash. The badge was in good shape; but, all aluminum... no trace of any color. My [wife's] 1958 24" Hornet came to us @ ~age 31 years in very good shape... with a totally aluminum badge no trace of background color [I bought a blue background badge... and the paint is not the shade of the 1950s blue bikes]. What are your ideas or examples of OG?

Scenario #3: Schwinn quality seal for the seat tube.... for the 1960 Tiger. Were the quality seal decals White outline with the four inner 'pie pieces' allowing bike color to show through [right in photo]??? OR, were the quality seal decals White outline with the four inner 'pie pieces' solid white [left in photo] in the actual decal? See photo below. What are your ideas or examples of OG?
Schwinn Quality Seals.jpg

Back