When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn BF Goodrich questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
"fender doc told me they still used dropcenters on some of the lower end stuff that late and Ive seen em on non Schwinn bikes as late as the sixties" Very interesting! Sometimes you just don't know what the factory was up to! And Murray cruisers used drop center rims thru the 80s... ~Adam

Another BF goodrich Schwinn

I have an Old BF goodrich schwinn that I bought off an exchange student at Western Ill back in the 80's for $25. Spring front end and 5 speed rearend. It was black and I repainted it dark green metal flake (I know that was probably against some law... but it slowed down the decomposition rate). I fixed it up for my dad to ride, but it just sat for years. I brought it down with me to Georgia when I moved here some 20 years ago and had it rideable, but it's sat for another 10+ years. I'm too busy to really do a restore job, but it's probably still 90% original. I don't have the serial no but as soon as I can I'll try to post it and maybe a picture or 2.

I'm new to the forum and am more familiar with the 70's era schwinn bikes (super sports superiors and paramounts) than the old balloon tire jobs. DOes this thing have any real worth? or is it just a nice old bike that I might hang on to for posterity. I wish I could do more with it but I coach and have kids and that ought to say enough.

Back