When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn bike shop sign find!

-

Oldbikes

I live for the CABE
Purely by chance, after leaving my doctors office I drove by an old Schwinn shop I had never seen before, stopped in and found this sign -- not the Apple Krate -- and it ended up going home with me! I'm not really a Schwinn guy, but couldn't pass this up. The shop -- not the current location -- opened in 1909, one of the oldest in Chicago.

get-attachment.jpg

Nice sign, I would have brought it home too. Seems like things come around when you least expect it.

Every once in awhile, someone posts a picture, and I say to myself, "That would look great on a calendar."

If anyone ever gets the gumption to make a calendar, please get this picture from Alan for the month of April.

Fabulous sign by the way!

Purely by chance, after leaving my doctors office I drove by an old Schwinn shop I had never seen before, stopped in and found this sign -- not the Apple Krate -- and it ended up going home with me! I'm not really a Schwinn guy, but couldn't pass this up. The shop -- not the current location -- opened in 1909, one of the oldest in Chicago.

View attachment 114787

Good Morning,
I'm your local code enforcement official, and I'm sorry to say that your sign is not in compliance.

Please immediately remove it and send it to REC in Florida for disposal...
EDIT:
Please also include as payment for the violation, the red bicycle in the photo beneath the sign. That should just about cover it, I think....

Man, why can't I come across something like that???
I must not be livin' right!

I vote YEA on the calendar photo too.

REC

Last edited:
LOL, the code enforcement in my town is really strict, doesn't sound too far fetched, it's the Florida that doesn't fit! :)

I agree, a calendar is a great idea, people could submit pictures and Cabers could vote for their favorites?

You've got to go back there again to see what other treasures you can find!
~~~So far you have found one month of that calendar~~~

Back