When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN BLACK PHANTOM:NEED EXPERT ASSISTANCE

-
Original in nice condition is one thing, but totally roached original is another. Agree prices are getting crazy on this stuff. I used 1500 on a higher end bike reference.
Just imagine none of these bikes were probably $100-150 New back in those Golden Days & here people are now paying $500-10,000 for them. I would say that is a Premium Mark up whether it's a higher end bike or not. I can't say I'll play on that level but If I could or would it'd be for something motored, rare & unique 😬

Just imagine none of these bikes were probably $100-150 New back in those Golden Days & here people are now paying $500-10,000 for them. I would say that is a Premium Mark up whether it's a higher end bike or not. I can't say I'll play on that level but If I could or would it'd be for something motored, rare & unique 😬
There are things I appreciate that I know I will never be able to afford. The market sets the price for the things we collect and fortunately there is a price level for just about every type of collector. I know of at least a few collectors, self included, who have some high end stuff and they are not wealthy. What they have done is work hard and set goals and priorities. V/r Shawn

There are things I appreciate that I know I will never be able to afford. The market sets the price for the things we collect and fortunately there is a price level for just about every type of collector. I know of at least a few collectors, self included, who have some high end stuff and they are not wealthy. What they have done is work hard and set goals and priorities. V/r Shawn
I Fully understand that Now. I mean I can't say I have set goals & priorities for something specific but I did buy Jimbo53's bike👍🏻
Maybe that is a start ....

I wanted to add something to this even if my opinion is just another mental dogpile on a fairly completed comment.
I'm the prime example of one of those "not wealthy" people who shouldn't have the bikes I have. I spent many years dreaming and drooling over bikes I could never afford but at the end of the day i never really TRIED to get off the beaten "market" path and try to get one and not just dream. Now I hustle, wheel-n-deal and barter my way into bikes I never dreamed I would have the opportunity to own and its kinda like always keeping a ball in the air but it works if you're willing to do the foot work and the initial investment, its one hundred percent doable.
Also, always keep a decent amount of "trade fodder" around because bike guys love a good barter....ha!

Well over 30+ years in bicycles and I'll still take the reasonable bicycles and fix them up, in the end still just a bicycle i will enjoy just as much or more because i built it., and can ride it. But my goals and priorities they bought a Goldwing.

Back