When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn black phantom tank repo's

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the Schwinn script on this tank is painted on is that an indicator that it is original tank?

100_1603.JPG

thats a repo with black vinyl where black paint usually is,if you look close you can see the ends of the vinyl towards the rear of the black

When some of the old Schwinn decals age they do look like they were painted on, but they were not. Never seen a screened tank before, but I'm still trying to make it around the block. ;)

thats a repo with black vinyl where black paint usually is,if you look close you can see the ends of the vinyl towards the rear of the black

Shrinking, It's a repop and no, it's not decals, they're printed or lithographed on the vinyl.

I bought one of the reproduction tanks years ago, and it came in a special box. It had vinyl graphics on it and the metal was very thin. They put the vinyl piping on the edges because otherwise you'd slice your fingers on them! Later I got a better reproduction (the ones they actually put on the reproduction Phantoms), and like the originals, the metal was MUCH thicker.

I cringe whenever I see one of the reproduction tanks with the vinyl graphics on them.

This is like an eBay listing where it says "1965 Schwinn Typhoon Corvette Jaguar Phantom" in the listing title and you don't know WTH the listing is for. A repop "Phantom" tank is not the same as the crappy repop cantilever tank. Just call it a repop Beach Cruiser tank. lol ;)

s-l1600.jpg

Back