When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN "BLACK PHANTOM VINTAGE 1980'S

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
SCHWINN "BLACK PHANTOM VINTAGE 1980'S On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234067579231?

s-l500.jpg

“Last model (1982) made in Chicago before company moved manufacturing to Asia. Original except kickstand and front fender.Gear box needs service. Kept for display only the last 15 years. Very good condition.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMFAO Gotta love the 1982 Phantom front duck beak fender!

“Last model (1982) made in Chicago before company moved manufacturing to Asia. Original except kickstand and front fender.Gear box needs service. Kept for display only the last 15 years. Very good condition.”

Huh?

What exactly are we looking at? Is this a recent Wal-Mart bike with the front fender on backwards?

Looks like it started out as a 1982 Cruiser Deluxe. Then crashed into a shelf full of repop Phantom parts at Walmart.

So a real Chicago frame? There's no stamp in the headbadge, and I was fairly sure no serial number on the headtube, but now I'm not so sure about the serial.

Is it there under a bunch of thick paint or maybe powder coat?

s-l1600.jpg

I'd guess powder coated from looking at the seat post decal failure. I can see the SN all filled in. The carrier is also attached to the "option" flat brake/fender/carrier bracket. 🙃

Back