When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn brand has yet another new owner!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I sold that bike a few years back and it may have not been named the cruiser 5. It was black, had an electro forged canti frame, tubular front forks, steel chrome rims, Schwinn studded tyres, stem mounted shifter, low road type stem, French hubs, Weinmann caliper brakes and a Messinger saddle. The serial number was on the head tube. I’m quite sure when I checked the serial number, it came up as a Greenville bike. It definitely wasn’t a tig welded Giant bike. The first owner bought it from a dealer in Long Beach. The dealer sticker was on the seat tube. I must search for a photo on the web as it is not a model you see often.

It was most likely an 84 model made by Murray. After that it was all Taiwan!

I don't think Schwinn ever produced that model at Greenville. They didn't do electro-forged cantilever frames there. What year is your Cruiser 5? Schwinn produced a few of the first 1983 models and then the production went to Murray for around 300,000 units and then Giant started producing them.
Sorry, I am probably mistaken the frame was electro-forged. It was the model as in the advertisement below on the right.

The article says the frames were built by Schwinn and sent to Murray for finishing. Were they electro forged?

The article says the frames were built by Schwinn and sent to Murray for finishing. Were they electro forged?

I believe Schwinn sent the parts to Murray but not complete frames. Or maybe both for a short time. An electro-forged Murray frame did not have the electro-forged bottom bracket shell but did have the Schwinn stamped EF head tubes.

I believe Schwinn sent the parts to Murray but not complete frames. Or maybe both for a short time. An electro-forged Murray frame did not have the electro-forged bottom bracket shell but did have the Schwinn stamped EF head tubes.
Thanks.

Back