When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Breeze questions. (24" vs. 26")

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pangloss

Look Ma, No Hands!
I know it's not really classic or antique, but I have a 70's Breeze I'm fixing up for a neighbor and I need some help. Is there an easy way to tell if it's a 24" or 26" bike? I have no girls bikes to compare it to, and it has enough non-original parts where I don't know what's right. The serial number makes it a '77, and the front wheel is a 24" with a Schwinn approved hub dated '77 as well. (The rear wheel has been replaced by another 24" generic at some point.) So it seems likely that it's the original wheel, and therefore a 24" bike. The problem is that it seems like the fenders are way too big. It's as if someone either put fenders from a 26" on a 24" bike or 24" wheels on a 26" bike.
Confused? Me too! It seems like there's enough clearance for bigger wheels/tires, but I'm not sure. The frame itself seems pretty small, but--again--I've nothing to compare it too. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Troy

Thanks much. I actually looked at that auction last night when trying to figure out frame sizes, but didn't read down far enough in the seller's description. Doh!
Troy

Back