When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Builtin Kickstand Troubleshooting

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It was more prevalent in the mid to late 70's from what I've seen.had several newer Schwinns with the repair kit installed.

It looks like when Schwinn changed the angle of the kickstand in the 70's to a more vertical position to solve the stress on the kickstand holder when someone sits on the bike with the kickstand down, it caused another problem. I was wondering why I've never really had any problems like this with my balloon or middleweight bikes. I checked some of those and found they that had as much or more slop than the lightweight I was fixing, but the bikes didn't have any problem staying upright. By moving the kickstand more perpendicular to the ground, the play to the right side will cause the bike to push forward, causing the problem I was having with it not staying upright.

I did get those pins off of ebay and they appear to be an exact match, but I decided not to bother with changing it out right now. It seems to be good enough, but I'm glad I'll have them if I need them in the future.

Sheesh, was this really 4 years ago? Man, time flies. I did use one of the pins I bought on another lightweight, worked perfectly. Had to replace the cam on that one too, it was totally worn out.

Back