When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn canti-tank shape differences

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I found these tanks on some site when I googled Schwinn Cantilever tank.

One is called a B107 tank, the other is just called a cantilever tank. One also has a ridge molded into it along the bottom of the front. Do these kind of parallel what you have on your bikes?

Ok so I thought I would make it easier. I found 9+ different examples of this difference across the internet and thecabe but I will use two examples here just to show it more clearly.
These are both original survivor bikes, neither tank is beat up or bashed in and both have very different leading edges. The green one has a very relaxed curvature in the front and the other one has almost a distinct angle at the front edge.
There are alot more examples but this would be most efficient to show two:

tank comparison.jpg

take the tanks off your bike. take them out in the sun. take 15 photos of each then post the best ones.

bad photos and odd drawings are not showing what you want us to see.
Its really hard to be much more clear than im being already....
The pictures above are the two most obviously different ones I could find and I even lightened the pictures up alot.

Last edited:
i see what you talking about... i see it.... just don't know the answer to your question sorry
Thats ok and kinda what I expected because I have gone down the rabbit hole on this site and its seemingly never been mentioned or touched on in any of the schwinn year-differences or identity threads.

I can only imagine it has to do with lazy or off stampings at the factory and just never really mattered to anyone.

Thats ok and kinda what I expected because I have gone down the rabbit hole on this site and its seemingly never been mentioned or touched on in any of the schwinn year-differences or identity threads.

I can only imagine it has to do with lazy or off stampings at the factory and just never really mattered to anyone.
i think it's interesting.. i've never noticed it... good eye

i think it's interesting.. i've never noticed it... good eye

What's funny is, I assumed when I saw it, it was a year difference thing and changed in 55 but when I started doing searches online to confirm that, it was all over the board! Some had points in the late 40's while some had rounded fronts in the late 50's and vise-versa.....It was so much non-consistency that i had to start this thread to see if I was crazy or not.
May not be that noticeable in the pictures but in person its very obviously different.

Back