When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn century questions

-

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A friend of a friend is selling this bike hopefully i can pick this up from him in a week. I was wandering if anyone has any knolage or refrance photos of this bike in its proper state. From what i can tell is it pre 50s. Someone changed the handlebars pedals grips and seat. Theres a hole in the front fender for something. I know century schwinns were made in new york i believe. I know very little about pre 50s schwinn so any information would be appreciated. Thank you

20200216_215421.jpg

View attachment 1141122

It’s a 39 DX with a couple of special factory touches like the century tank graphics/pins and truss rods.

Interesting i saw similar photos but nothing exactly matched it. Out of curiosity what makes this a 39 and not another year? Also would you happen to know what the names of the pedals would be and i assume they weren't stamped as at this time.

Interesting i saw similar photos but nothing exactly matched it. Out of curiosity what makes this a 39 and not another year? Also would you happen to know what the names of the pedals would be and i assume they weren't stamped as at this time.

Educated guess from experience. The model you have came out in 39 with a rear drop stand and by 40 it used a side stand. Could be 40ish using some leftover stock, but likely a 39 model.

Not the correct saddle and could have either Torrington or Persons. V/r Shawn

Thank you. I assume this is a troxel seat its hard to make out. And would this seat ever been on any year schwinn?

Back