When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Chartruse Balloon Frame or Complete Bicycle

-

JGG

Look Ma, No Hands!
Looking for my next project and I’m looking for a rare green and I’ve always loved the chartruse. But open to other shades and green color combos. Thanks for the help!

FYI, Not for sale, but this is the only known original example of a 24" Girl's Schwinn Deluxe with a locking springer fork. It just happens to be an original chartreuse and black.
A 24" girl's head tube is 1-1/2" taller than the 24" boy's. Therefore the arms of a girl's springer fork are longer than the boy's from the swivel bolt to the upper spring assembly.
This fork was only known to be used on the very rare Whizzer S-10 models. A Whizzer S-10 is a boy's Schwinn frame modified with the longer girl's head tube for additional strength.

IMG_4810.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

243.jpg

I have 4 of them, what year and style do you want? Cheap cheap cheap cheap, but you have to take all four! Lmk...

Reactions: JGG
Can't believe you haven't found a few yet! Quite plentiful and unwanted, eh!

Back