When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Collegiate Sport Need Parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I am trying to get the bike I bought in a better shape, it says Schwinn Collegiate Sport, pictures are attached.

I want to buy new tires and tubes, the tires on it now are S-5, it says 26x1 3/8. Which tires should I buy and where?

View attachment 328785

View attachment 328786

View attachment 328787

View attachment 328788

View attachment 328789
Nice one to get back in shape. I have a brown one in pretty good shape, but I borrowed the rims for my '48 Town & Country tandem. Tires should be available through any bike shop, probably Kenda's. To clean the chrome, get some Quick-Glo Chrome Cleaner, not cheap at $12 - 14 on line but worth it. We used it back in the '60s and '70s and it removes an amazing amount of rust. It has a soapy feel and is advertised to be safe to your skin. It also seems to be paint friendly. Just make sure to put the lid on tightly after use to keep it from drying out. WD-40 is a pretty good solvent to clean the parts but all bearings need grease. If the cables slide somewhat smoothly, you may be able to pull back the housing and clean and lubricate the wires. If the wires are really rusty, replace them. Modern housing is available in gray and Teflon lined. You'll like the difference as you will with new brake shoes, especially important with steel rims. Don't lose the little brake ferrules on the brake cable under the top tube, they're becoming more difficult to find. Make sure the brake levers are mounted straight and tight, it looks like the right one has slipped somewhat. The brake "safety" extensions should be parallel with the handlebar tops. This is a really good project, especially if you are just learning bike mechanics, there's no front derailleur to drive you crazy! Have fun and ask a lot of questions.

Back