When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Continental

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

63caddy

Wore out three sets of tires already!

Any info about this continental bike, how much is worth?
What badge will be correct for it

That starburst badge may be correct on that Conti. There were a few where Schwinn installed that badge when they first came out. Looks like it's double taped but you should be able to tell if it was actually equipped with that badge by the black glue stuck on the head tube and hole placements. The regular badge was the round badge with two horizontal holes, AS in the center and Continental on the outside border and aluminum. Clean Continental with few parts change out. If I was in the market for one I'd do $350, even if the stem and seat are said to be worth hundreds more.

I have a Traveler that had the Starburst badge originally, the guy I bought it from said it was on the bike when he put it in his truck, but it blew off somewhere on the way home. Evidently that black goop can dry out and come loose after 50-odd years. At least on your bike, they caught it before it was lost forever. And if it's not the right badge, it's an easy sale. Nice bike!

i am interested in the seat and will swap you a brand new brooks i have a few new ones laying about nice seats or $$$$

-----

wrt head emblem -

here is the example on my Continental of 1960:

wrt saddle -

on these Tron et Berthet I-series models the frames are manufactured by the firm of CEGEDUR.

they were a manufacturer of alloy bits for both pedal cycles and motorcycles. other products for pedal cycles included hubs and pedals.

in addition to components CEGEDUR produced a line of aluminum frame tubing called DURALINOX -

quite a variety of products were offered from the firm as seen in this advert -

-----

Pop the head badge off and let's see what's on the back of the badge and let's see the front of the head tube.

Back