When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Guess I'll post this frame set but not sure if I'll put it on the list yet. It's just a complete frame set and it recently sold on eBay so no idea who the new owner is. Looks like it was parted out. Serial # is H121424 and the seller was bicycledreamer located in Vegas. License sticker is from Chula Vista, CA.

1621224927718.png

1621224967274.png

1621225002328.png

1621225081934.png

Here is a 5 Speed Corvette I got from the original owner last month. He was born in 1951 so what a lucky 11 year old. By 1963 his mother told him he better get it licensed so he went to the neighborhood Fire Station and they riveted the metal plate (ouch) onto the rear fender. Lincoln, Nebraska! By 1965 our city switched to the decal bike license, but thank goodness he never removed the first metal plate! I have done nothing to the bike since I got it. As you can see it’s missing the bracket for the front rack, pedals replaced, and he didn’t know where the headlight went. Tires have been replaced with Carlisle black walls that are cracked. The bike actually rides quite well and I think that’s because he just continued to ride it all his life.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like a well cared for 62 @shopteacher! It's pretty unique getting an old bike from the original owner with some of it's history. J211195 was a Sept. 4th stamping and those were the last batch of five speeds produced. At least it looks that way on the list with no later serial stampings. What's the other sticker that's on the seat tube?

That Seat tube sticker is a 1971-72 bicycle license. Don’t know why he skipped years between licensing, but it’s probably a good thing or the bike would have stickers all over it being that old. Sure would be crazy if it was the oldest 5 speed!

That Seat tube sticker is a 1971-72 bicycle license. Don’t know why he skipped years between licensing, but it’s probably a good thing or the bike would have stickers all over it being that old. Sure would be crazy if it was the oldest 5 speed!

That would be quite the mess with all the license stickers over the years! Did they have a fee for licensing the bike each time? I know every city is different and require a bike on the streets to be licensed but Mesa AZ was a one time deal for a buck at the local Fire Station. Plus they carved up the bike with an engraver which didn't make me very happy to see on my new 1964 Varsity.

That would be quite the mess with all the license stickers over the years! Did they have a fee for licensing the bike each time? I know every city is different and require a bike on the streets to be licensed but Mesa AZ was a one time deal for a buck at the local Fire Station. Plus they carved up the bike with an engraver which didn't make me very happy to see on my new 1964 Varsity.
Ugh! It makes you wonder who was the genius that thought that one up? I've seen bikes with registrations stamped into the bottom bracket, and my first reaction was what if you get somebody that's ham-fisted? I can just see some clown banging away on my new bike with a hammer and punches!

Back