When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In the 1970s when I was growing up, I remember paying a $1 fee at the Fire Station, getting the sticker put on the seat tube, and then having the license number hammered onto the bottom of the bottom bracket. I also remember cringing when they hammered the number on my new bike, and they never got the decal on straight. By the 1980s my friends and I were all buying lugged frame Peugeot, Panasonic, Viscount, Motobecane, and Crescent bicycles, and we scoffed at the idea of letting them molest our beautiful and expensive bikes with the licensing trauma. The owner is 10 years older than me so the licensing regulations must have been different in the 1960s. The old metal license #1027 is hammered onto the bottom bracket, but the other sticker license numbers are different and not hammered on. I'll have to find out why he would have more than one license??

In the 1970s when I was growing up, I remember paying a $1 fee at the Fire Station, getting the sticker put on the seat tube, and then having the license number hammered onto the bottom of the bottom bracket. I also remember cringing when they hammered the number on my new bike, and they never got the decal on straight. By the 1980s my friends and I were all buying lugged frame Peugeot, Panasonic, Viscount, Motobecane, and Crescent bicycles, and we scoffed at the idea of letting them molest our beautiful and expensive bikes with the licensing trauma. The owner is 10 years older than me so the licensing regulations must have been different in the 1960s. The old metal license #1027 is hammered onto the bottom bracket, but the other sticker license numbers are different and not hammered on. I'll have to find out why he would have more than one license??
Some places are pretty strict on the registration of bicycles and the cities here in Maricopa County were and are really lax. I assumed once a bike was tagged and carved up with the tag number you were done and no renewal was needed, unless the bike was sold. There was no date on any of the plates unlike many other places so that supports my assumption on any renewal . Madison WI is completely different!

12.78 – REGISTRATION OF BICYCLES.

(1) Registration and Licensing of Bicycles . No person shall operate a bicycle upon any public way within the City of Madison unless said bicycle shall have been properly registered by the City of Madison as hereinafter provided, or shall have a valid current registration in another municipality.

But that has all been recently changed.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) On January 5th 2021, the City of Madison repealed their long-standing mandatory bicycle registration requirement. As of that date, you are no longer required to register your bicycle(s) with the City and the City is no longer accepting new bicycle registrations.

Some places are pretty strict on the registration of bicycles and the cities here in Maricopa County were and are really lax. I assumed once a bike was tagged and carved up with the tag number you were done and no renewal was needed, unless the bike was sold. There was no date on any of the plates unlike many other places so that supports my assumption on any renewal . Madison WI is completely different!

12.78 – REGISTRATION OF BICYCLES.

(1) Registration and Licensing of Bicycles . No person shall operate a bicycle upon any public way within the City of Madison unless said bicycle shall have been properly registered by the City of Madison as hereinafter provided, or shall have a valid current registration in another municipality.

But that has all been recently changed.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) On January 5th 2021, the City of Madison repealed their long-standing mandatory bicycle registration requirement. As of that date, you are no longer required to register your bicycle(s) with the City and the City is no longer accepting new bicycle registrations.
So this makes me wonder why they needed it in the first place. 🧐

I'm extremely happy that Jorge gave me the go ahead to post his recent acquisition! This is a pristine one owner 1962 Radiant Green that is immaculate and I've only seen a couple others in this condition, but this is the nicest Radiant Green piece I've seen. The original owner passed this one on to Jorge a few days ago and he has had this Corvette since he was 11. Looks like the Schwinn dealer that sold this was in Pennsylvania but it's currently in California.

The original owner Mike Izzo is on the right. Day of the transaction.

1624500837547.png

1624500876583.png

1624500900370.png

1624500931523.png

1624500958162.png

1624500973879.png

1624500996307.png

Last edited:
Finally got the serial number for this one. It's currently for sale on Facebook in Mt. Clemens MI. Appears to be all correct and complete, just missing the light lens. Serial # is G167844

1627525305906.png

1627525386073.png

1627525443975.png

Finally got the serial number for this one. It's currently for sale on Facebook in Mt. Clemens MI. Appears to be all correct and complete, just missing the light lens. Serial # is G167844

View attachment 1453952

View attachment 1453953

View attachment 1453954
I guess the two holes in the rear fender must have been for a mud flap. Otherwise, it's hard to fault that one. It looks more like 6 years old instead of 60!

Back