When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
5 speed barn find - Well it has been years since I purged my vintage bike collection, and it is great to see the CABE still active. My uncle just entered assisted living and while cleaning up his shed I found a blue 5 speed Corvette. in cleanup shape! VIN D216135. It was purchased at John's Bike Shop in Pasadena where I bought my first Schwinn as kid and where Van Halen bought the paint for his guitars. I I want to sell this bike to someone who will appreciate it, and is willing to pick it up or meet here in Southern California. As good a shape as this is, it is missing the front badge, and not original seat.

20230226_122741.jpg

20230226_122723.jpg

20230226_122731.jpg

20230226_122751.jpg

Nice Shed grab @Kat the Matt ! I wonder if that's the original mileage. All the correct drive train parts are there and that's a big plus. Judging by the chain that must have been in storage for quite a while. With a little cleaning and polishing that should be very presentable. Thanks for posting it here, and I'll get it entered on the list. 👍

This great looking piece was at the Monroe Show/meet today. Owner had a Make Offer sign and stated this was never sold. It was mentioned that it's a 1962 one year only model but I can't read what all it says on that paper. It's actually a 1961. It was said there was an offer of $3200.

nc_ohc=HGXATym2BoQAX89FGZQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

pxl_20230507_161035581-jpg.jpg

pxl_20230507_161031884-jpg.jpg

Thanks for the pictures @drglinski and Mr. T. Verdries. Interesting how two shots from two people are almost identical. 🙃

Unfortunately, I didn't get the serial number.

Last edited:
This great looking piece was at the Monroe Show/meet today. Owner had a Make Offer sign and stated this was never sold. It was mentioned that it's a 1962 one year only model but I can't read what all it says on that paper. It's actually a 1961. It was said there was an offer of $3200.

View attachment 1834244

View attachment 1834245

View attachment 1834246

Thanks for the pictures @drglinski and Mr. T. Verdries. Interesting how two shots from two people are almost identical. 🙃

Unfortunately, I didn't get the serial number.
Absolute Minty! ... There only original once!
This bicycle is an amazing original, I've known of this bicycle for several years as it was a local piece, never to be seen, but became available 2023 Monroe Bicycle Swap / Show.
What a place for a DOND.
I'm pretty sure the serial no. was an early E1, 1961 as it has the '61 cup cable stops. I looked it over and it is a Superb Original Show Piece.
Talked with owner, he told me the story of bicycle and others with interest of purchasing. It was to be SOLD Sunday Monroe.
I placed a bid of 2500 but I knew that wasn't too last long. I heard 3200 was the highest offer. Still don't know if SOLD?
It has a light coat of dust and a finish that is just waiting to be highly detailed or not? ... I kept thinking if I purchased, would I ride it?
NOS?... WOW!

Absolute Minty! ... There only original once!
This bicycle is an amazing original, I've known of this bicycle for several years as it was a local piece, never to be seen, but became available 2023 Monroe Bicycle Swap / Show.
What a place for a DOND.
I'm pretty sure the serial no. was an early E1, 1961 as it has the '61 cup cable stops. I looked it over and it is a Superb Original Show Piece.
Talked with owner, he told me the story of bicycle and others with interest of purchasing. It was to be SOLD Sunday Monroe.
I placed a bid of 2500 but I knew that wasn't too last long. I heard 3200 was the highest offer. Still don't know if SOLD?
It has a light coat of dust and a finish that is just waiting to be highly detailed or not? ... I kept thinking if I purchased, would I ride it?
NOS?... WOW!

Do you have any info on the owner? If it was never sold, I assume he owned a bike shop back then and still has some NOS inventory hanging around. I sure would like a shot of the serial number so I can get it entered on the list. 🙏

Back