When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was ask to post the serial number. This bike has been sold to a member here. I can not find where I had written it down.

I got the serial number in your original post on this Corvette.

Seems the Chain Guard is now for sale on eBay. Seller says guard is a 62 and that doesn't match the serials June 61 date F129607.

1583096016764.png

Last edited:
I got the serial number in your original post on this Corvette.

Seems the Chain Guard is now for sale on eBay. Seller says guard is a 62 and that doesn't match the serials June 61 date F129607.

View attachment 1148625

Hey look ma thats my chainguard lol.

Sorry guys Ive been broke and busy lately.
I can get you guys the serial number of the 5 speed Corvette i purchased from rollin2. I was originally going to just respoke a s7 and get this bike rideable again but then i realized someone painted over the original red paint. So im going to properly repaint the bike. im just currently debating what color i should paint it. And for the love of history i couldn't find my self to strip the paint off this chainguard so i purchased a different one to repaint from a different gentleman from the cabe. I have not had time to read this whole thread yet but i will by next time i post the vin. I apologies for my ignorance in advance. im still learning alot about the spectrum that is schwinn

Thanks for chiming in @Notagamerguy

If you could verify the SN number and the original color (Red?) I would appreciate it. Then I can get the bike entered on the list. If you come up with any questions while bringing this one back feel free to ask.

Whoa! Two August 62's in the B colors. :cool: Where have you been hiding @5oa?

Got the Blue one updated on the list and I'll add your Black one shortly. Any history on that one? Looks pretty much original including the drive train parts.
After looking at the list again I'm pretty convinced there never were any May, June or July 1962 serial numbered Corvette 5 speeds. So these were built only in a few batches during 1962 with none recorded so far in February, March or October either. Pretty few production runs for this model.
< This video I saw a few years back and was the first time I was made aware of the 5 speed Corvette and that's when I started to look for one, three years later I finally found and bought the black one -the man I got it from had no story for it! Then a few months ago I got the blue one and somehow this video popped up and low and behold it is my bike! BTW my birthday is in August and I was 3 1962 lol.

Well Happy Birthday @5oa ! I hope you enjoy riding these 5 speed middleweights as much as I do, and it's nice to see you landed that famous Video Queen! :cool:

Thanks for verification @Notagamerguy , I'll update the list Friday evening with 5oa's Black Corvette and yours. It should be the 4th one from the top when it gets entered.

GTs58, Thanks for the info on the 5 speeds, I will need to keep an eye out for one. Tim

Greetings All,

First time posting, but hopefully not the last. This COVID19 shutdown has left me with lots of time to tackle some neglected projects, which has brought me here!

I have what (after a bit of searching) I believe to be a ‘61 Corvette (serial number G167980). It is basically just the frame, and maybe the bars. I bought it in rideable condition close to 30 years ago at a VW swap meet in Vallejo, CA for $20. It was better than walking the entire meet! I rode it for many years, in stripped down condition with an old “Ahooooogah” horn from my Dad’s old Model A strapped to the frame. I put it away after I taco-ed the rear rim about 15 years ago and it’s been in storage ever since.

I’ve browsed through this thread briefly, amazed at some of the beautiful bikes here and have to ask myself, do I want to put the time, money and effort into a full resto? If I do, I would likely change the color to a custom green with hand painted details as that is my line of work. I wonder if the paint is original because it seems to be pretty thick, and most of the photos here show much more detail, especially over the serial number. It looks orange (even under the seat tube clamp).

This is the very beginning of what may or may not be a full restoration. Lots to learn right now, including finding out what’s available, and at what cost. Any guidance from you seasoned owners would be very appreciated!

Thanks!
-Jeff

BTW, I hope I’m adding photos correctly. From my phone and could not find any forum guidelines. 1164775

Welcome to the Cabe @Hurricane Fro .

It would be great if that Corvette frame was put back together and restored, but that would be a real task and expensive. My first Corvette 5 speed was a project that started with just a frame set about the same that you have there. I don't know if starting off with a complete bike where all the parts are rusted up and bent has any advantage, but if it's going to be restored those parts are pretty much worthless. I've gone thru this once and once is enough for me. ;) I had another 61 frame set that I was going to restore but decided to go in a different direction with that one because it was a rusted up piece of junk with none of the parts being reusable and many of the parts were changed out. The frame was stripped down and then blasted and got it ready for a custom paint job in Candy Orange. I picked up a Tandem with the S-7's and Atom rear brake drum for this build and my intention was for a Corvette version of the Cruiser 5. This is much cheaper than a restoration and I called it a Resurrection. lol

It appears your frame was stripped of all it's original paint and then repainted a couple of times. For new paint I would definitely say a blasting is needed. My second project was a black 61 that came from the SF Bay area. After chemically stripping the paint I had plenty of rust to deal with that was under the paint so I ended up sand blasting it then sanding it. Sourcing parts to make it a custom 5 speed Cruiser Corvette was considerably easier and cheaper so maybe consider going that route since you're basically starting with just a frame. With no fenders, making it a balloon version is also possible with adapting some type of caliper or drum braking. Having the original Corvette 5 chain guard would be required though!!!! lol Have fun, and if you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Here's that 61 frame from SF.

Last edited:
Back