When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

-
I personally believe this would set a potentially very time consuming precedent for the mods to deal with. Others of us keep offline registries of certain bikes such as the '37 RMS and '37/8 Super Streamline tank bikes. I think there could be a separate forum section titled "Registry" where a spreadsheet for each bike desiring a registry could be stored. Mandatory fields would include serial number and description. The description for each would have required entries such as color, year, original, restored, etc... depending on the bicycle. For instance I know there is a registry for white 1959 Corvettes. Color would not be an entry in this case. For Bluebirds a year and color would be necessary. The real trouble comes in here when someone posts something bogus or questionable and the mods have to get involved in "registry maintenance" . It also depends on the format limitations of the forum software of what could actually be done. Would criteria have to be set in order to establish a registry? What about someone that wants to start a registry for '62 Schwinn Typhoons? The Phantom registry would be large!

I know the current situation is not ideal but it seems to be serving the purpose. I say don't open the 'registry' can of worms. V/r Shawn

An offline registry only serves the person that has it, so why would anyone want to contribute to it. I can't see were there would be anymore work for the mods. (?) The thread/Registry creator is the one that does all the work and I can say this format does not make it easy running a growing spread sheet and there is no way to keep a straight vertical line or columns. I've tried to post a neat clean spread sheet on this forum and the SBF that was copied off my computer and it was a total mess when pasted.

I was the one that was keeping the White 1959 Corvette Registry on the SBF and it is no longer posted. It was deleted when Jennifer came back to the forum as an owner of that site.

I'm adding this one to the list. Original owner (name unknown) is currently listing it for sale.

Original Chicago Schwinn Corvette - $2000 (Rockford)

This bike was built on 08/24/62 (S/N H263768) and I received it for my 11th birthday. I used it for about five years, until I could drive a real car. Since that time it has been stored in either in my parents or my garage and/or basement.

It is 100% original and has never been worked on or modified. It has some scratches and dings but is in overall great condition for a 54 year old bike.

https://rockford.craigslist.org/bik/5866621099.html

01515_4Qkje76cEsw_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_2iwiLQGfS6O_600x450.jpg

00g0g_9Y3snPKjmPi_600x450.jpg

00v0v_bXzP7aku3lu_600x450.jpg

00m0m_8qGBv3dxULH_600x450.jpg

Just found this "50's Cruiser" on ebay and snagged it.

61corvette.jpg

H115586 August 3, 1961. Radiant Red hiding under a rattle can coat of black. Barely unpacked, and haven't received the wheels yet. No plans to restore to factory but a return to dignity for certain.

furyus

Back