When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

-
I now own the project bike in post #79.I'll be pulling a few parts together from my stash and then selling it a bit more complete.probably in the 250 range if anyone is interested.

Got you on the list, even though it might be for a short time. I'll let you know if I come across anyone looking for a project.
thumbsup.gif

Just got a reply from the seller. :cool: Says the center cable guide is missing.

Serial number.

s-l1600.jpg

All things being equal, how much of a premium do stick shift corvettes bring vs a standard kickback hub version?

I have a chance to buy a stick shift version... What to look out for when buying?

All things being equal, how much of a premium do stick shift corvettes bring vs a standard kickback hub version?

I have a chance to buy a stick shift version... What to look out for when buying?

Your first question is hard to answer. From sales on eBay, a regular Corvette $250+ and for a 5 speed $600+.

The Corvette production lasted for 11 years and the Corvette 5 speed production was spotty and produced a day or two in each of it's 9 1/2 month total production time.

First thing to look for is all the correct drive train components. All the other components were the same as the regular Corvettes. Another thing to look for is it has all 3 cable guides and shifter mount. The type of cable guides on the 62 model are notorious for being broken or missing.

Back