When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn crank arm info needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Danny the schwinn freak

cruisin on my ratty Schwinn straightbar
Hey guys! I am wondering if Schwinn ever used a one piece Ashtabula style crank arm on any of their models that had 9/16” pedal holes? I have a set of NOS Union 9/16” pedals and want to find a correct looking crank arm so I can use these on one of my riders. Any info would be greatly appreciated and if anyone reading this has a straight set they’d like to sell, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help. Danny

I do not think so. My T&C tandem with cottered cranks even had 1/2 inch pedals. I do not think there is enough metal in a 1 piece crank for 9/16 threading. Roger

Almost 100 percent positive those cranks never came 9/16ths. Way easier to find NOS half inch pedals.

I do not think so. My T&C tandem with cottered cranks even had 1/2 inch pedals. I do not think there is enough metal in a 1 piece crank for 9/16 threading. Roger
I was thinking that too, but my friends has a set of old, worn Schwinn bow style pedals and a pair of late model blocks with reflectors and both of those are Schwinn logo’d pedals and both sets are 9/16”. Nor arguing by any means, just hoping to find one if they do exist. In all of my years of missing with Schwinns, I’ve never seen any. Thanks so much for the info.

The superior and or paramount tourer at some point used those bow pedals but on cottered cranks. I can ask some Schwindlers I know that will have a better answer.

Back