Schwinn Cruiser 5

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Oilit

I live for the CABE
Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
That rust isn't bad, it will likely clean up. The paint I'm less sure about. Is that over spray? And I would replace those tires, they may hold air but full pressure will probably split a seam. But still a good find!

Reactions: hm.

JO BO

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 22, 2006
Ryderwood, United States
No it’s original paint but faded a lot on top bar They are original tires but rear would never hold air but front might but won’t try. Value anyone as I am going to sell it? Thanks

hm.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 10, 2018
Southern California
1981.... A great year for these....Nice save.. with some tires and a little effort Im sure it will clean up and look nice.

This is a $75 late 81 after clean up that was in similar condition to your bike when found

Once you take it out and ride it... its easy to see these bikes are worth putting in the TLC.

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Yet another Chestnut? MR serial. 1981 Cruiser 5 built 120 days into 1981. Wish I had more room and the energy for another project.

Callahooney1

Jul 7, 2018
Albuquerque
Cool bike, and the color is a little more desirable because it's not as common. Fair price as is $175-$275 ish. If it had the rear drum brake, could add up to $125.

Reactions: birdzgarage

JO BO

May 22, 2006
Ryderwood, United States
Yet another Chestnut? MR serial. 1981 Cruiser 5 built 120 days into 1981. Wish I had more room and the energy for another project.
Yes nice chestnut color....

JO BO

May 22, 2006
Ryderwood, United States
Cool bike, and the color is a little more desirable because it's not as common. Fair price as is $175-$275 ish. If it had the rear drum brake, could add up to $125.
Thanks for the info on value....hard to find on so many things.

Xlobsterman

Jan 25, 2018
USA
No it’s original paint but faded a lot on top bar. They are original tires but rear would never hold air but front might but won’t try.

Value anyone as I am going to sell it? Thanks
CONDITION & LOCATION is everything when it comes to valuing these bikes. And if you plan on selling it, you are better off selling it AS-IS rather than putting $$$ into it that you will not get back. It needs lots of work to get it back up and rideable! BTW, I see it needs a gear cable, and the original GREY gear cables are extremely hard to find, and will cost you $50+ if you are lucky enough to even find one! Also, as set of tires & tubes will cost $100, so you will be $150 into it before you even start a restoration..........

Last edited:
Reactions: birdzgarage
This ad goes away when you register for an account!