When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cruiser 5

-

JO BO

I live for the CABE
Wish I could have found this sooner so wouldn’t have paint fade and light rust areas but all complete it looks like...I believe original tires but bad. Jo Bo

3BAD85A9-C810-44AC-B8B2-9C70F061B6EF.jpeg

9069E399-BD9C-43DF-85B6-6DCCDA7C3FD3.jpeg

933DDFC6-0445-483A-9B08-2B748F2CB3AB.jpeg

0CCBB5EA-0FEC-42B1-B29D-B29940DCB642.jpeg

That rust isn't bad, it will likely clean up. The paint I'm less sure about. Is that over spray? And I would replace those tires, they may hold air but full pressure will probably split a seam. But still a good find!

Reactions: hm.
No it’s original paint but faded a lot on top bar They are original tires but rear would never hold air but front might but won’t try. Value anyone as I am going to sell it? Thanks

1981.... A great year for these....Nice save.. with some tires and a little effort Im sure it will clean up and look nice.

This is a $75 late 81 after clean up that was in similar condition to your bike when found

Once you take it out and ride it... its easy to see these bikes are worth putting in the TLC.

Cool bike, and the color is a little more desirable because it's not as common. Fair price as is $175-$275 ish. If it had the rear drum brake, could add up to $125.

Cool bike, and the color is a little more desirable because it's not as common. Fair price as is $175-$275 ish. If it had the rear drum brake, could add up to $125.
Thanks for the info on value....hard to find on so many things.

No it’s original paint but faded a lot on top bar. They are original tires but rear would never hold air but front might but won’t try.

Value anyone as I am going to sell it? Thanks

CONDITION & LOCATION is everything when it comes to valuing these bikes. And if you plan on selling it, you are better off selling it AS-IS rather than putting $$$ into it that you will not get back. It needs lots of work to get it back up and rideable! BTW, I see it needs a gear cable, and the original GREY gear cables are extremely hard to find, and will cost you $50+ if you are lucky enough to even find one! Also, as set of tires & tubes will cost $100, so you will be $150 into it before you even start a restoration..........

Last edited:
Back