When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn cruiser frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lemonpeelerman

Look Ma, No Hands!
Shouldn’t the head badge code always match frame year I found a old frame 26 schwinn cruiser in bike shop never built but head badge doesn’t have 4 digit code frame is 1980 could this have been a warranty frame never had parts mounted to it

Quick answer, no.
The date associated to the serial numbers is the date that number was stamped on the bikes component. Sometime later that component was used to build a frame. I had December 1980 stamped serial number on my 1981 Cruiser 5 and it was built months after the serial number date. I'd say yes, it may be a warranty frame from your description.

When you refer to the bike as a "cruiser" are you saying that it's named a cruiser or is it a cruiser style bike - balloon tires and cantilever frame. Older bikes did not have stampings on the head badge, only on the rear dropout which was preceded by the bottom bracket.

LP, here's a whole April 1980 build Collegiant if this helps.

100_4955.JPG

Shouldn’t the head badge code always match frame year I found a old frame 26 schwinn cruiser in bike shop never built but head badge doesn’t have 4 digit code frame is 1980 could this have been a warranty frame never had parts mounted to it

The head badges were only stamped when the complete bike was assembled in the factory. Frames only sold would not have an assembly date stamped into the head badge, since it was never assembled as a complete bike.

Back