When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cruiser Modified to add 5 speed shifter, rear caliper brake, and tank horn. $350

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's the eBay listing. I don't see any numbers that should be stamped in the head badge that indicated the actual build date. There is a Giant sticker on the right rear drop out that have been said to have the build dates on them.

1652659177860.png

1652659203056.png

Thanks for your message, When I googled Schwinn, the site showed that the Cruisers were made between 1980-1984. Where can I find the info that they were made after 1984? Also, I thought I could only send one picture. I would be happy to send some more if you you can help me understand how to send them, or, if you want to give me your email address, I could send them to you that way. Thanks, Steve

There is no serial number database for the Taiwan made bikes such as yours. You will need to date it by the 4 numbers stamped into the head badge on the front of the bike, or from the date code on the small white sticker on the right rear drop out. If I had to guess, I would say your bike is a 1986, or 87 model? If you can post pics of the date codes I mentioned, we can confirm that for you. You can also date it from the decal scheme on the bike. Yours is similar to this 86 catalog pic.

The sticker on the right rear drop only identifies the local Bike shop. Thanks
That white sticker says Giant............schw app. That's the manufacture's sticker. I do see a real faint date stamping on the head badge but cannot make out any numbers.

The sticker on the right rear drop only identifies the local Bike shop. Thanks

There is a small white sticker on the RIGHT REAR DROPOUT that says GIANT and has 4 numbers on it indicating the month and year the bike was made at the Giant Bike Factory in Taiwan!

Last edited:
Back