When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycle Truck

-

Bristol1948

On Training Wheels
Hi all. I'm new to this site. About 35 years ago, I bought this bike at Brimfield's in MA. I've had it on display in the lobby of my printing business since then. Sold my business....thinking about selling my bike. I don't know the exact year. I tried looking up the serial number but couldn't find it on the registry. I'm told there was a fire at Schwinn and all records before 1946 were lost.
My serial# is the letter I, then 33006. I was also told at the time that 95% of the bike was original. I don't know how to verify that . Any thoughts? Barry

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

Beautiful bike! It has blackout hubs, which was a WW2 feature.

From a webpage on Schwinn serial numbers:

"1939 The first Cycle Truck."

"Late 1938 or 1939 starts over with possibly a quarterly lettering system
beginning with the letter "A" and in regular Post-War stamping size.
This lettering format runs 1938 ish thru possibly 1942 and from "A" thru "I""

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/SchwinnCodes1.html/

Hi all. I'm new to this site. About 35 years ago, I bought this bike at Brimfield's in MA. I've had it on display in the lobby of my printing business since then. Sold my business....thinking about selling my bike. I don't know the exact year. I tried looking up the serial number but couldn't find it on the registry. I'm told there was a fire at Schwinn and all records before 1946 were lost.
My serial# is the letter I, then 33006. I was also told at the time that 95% of the bike was original. I don't know how to verify that . Any thoughts? Barry

View attachment 944472

View attachment 944473

View attachment 944474

Can you share a few more pics perhaps some closer ones .I’m kinda digging it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back