When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycle Truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bristol1948

On Training Wheels
Hi all. I'm new to this site. About 35 years ago, I bought this bike at Brimfield's in MA. I've had it on display in the lobby of my printing business since then. Sold my business....thinking about selling my bike. I don't know the exact year. I tried looking up the serial number but couldn't find it on the registry. I'm told there was a fire at Schwinn and all records before 1946 were lost.
My serial# is the letter I, then 33006. I was also told at the time that 95% of the bike was original. I don't know how to verify that . Any thoughts? Barry

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

Beautiful bike! It has blackout hubs, which was a WW2 feature.

From a webpage on Schwinn serial numbers:

"1939 The first Cycle Truck."

"Late 1938 or 1939 starts over with possibly a quarterly lettering system
beginning with the letter "A" and in regular Post-War stamping size.
This lettering format runs 1938 ish thru possibly 1942 and from "A" thru "I""

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/SchwinnCodes1.html/

Hi all. I'm new to this site. About 35 years ago, I bought this bike at Brimfield's in MA. I've had it on display in the lobby of my printing business since then. Sold my business....thinking about selling my bike. I don't know the exact year. I tried looking up the serial number but couldn't find it on the registry. I'm told there was a fire at Schwinn and all records before 1946 were lost.
My serial# is the letter I, then 33006. I was also told at the time that 95% of the bike was original. I don't know how to verify that . Any thoughts? Barry

View attachment 944472

View attachment 944473

View attachment 944474

Can you share a few more pics perhaps some closer ones .I’m kinda digging it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back