When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycle Truck

-

Benny21

On Training Wheels
20211019_090045.jpg
20211019_091241.jpg
Hi- I am a new member here at CABE. I have been cleaning out my parent's attic, and found several vintage bikes including this Schwinn Cycle Truck, serial number I50041. Looking through some posts here, I think I determined its a postwar bike, but that is about it. If anyone can tell me more about it, how original it is parts-wise and what it might be worth I would greatly appreciate it. I restore cars but know next to nothing about old bikes! Thanks!

View attachment 1498609View attachment 1498610Hi- I am a new member here at CABE. I have been cleaning out my parent's attic, and found several vintage bikes including this Schwinn Cycle Truck, serial number I50041. Looking through some posts here, I think I determined its a postwar bike, but that is about it. If anyone can tell me more about it, how original it is parts-wise and what it might be worth I would greatly appreciate it. I restore cars but know next to nothing about old bikes! Thanks!
Very cool bike buddy and a wonderful find! First off, its missing the chain guard and the original drop stand for the front (unless its laying somewhere I cant see it, it has a Rollfast chain ring and an incorrect seat but other than that its a beautiful Cycle Truck! The best part is I just noticed the original basket and brackets laying in front of the bike, how cool!
Its pre-52 since the serial number is under the bottom bracket and its actually earlier since the rear wheel mounts up in a pull-out method and not a drop out method.
Very wonderful color and pinstripes even though its repainted and the vintage travel stickers are just awesome! Im jealous bud.

Last edited:
I go with pre war.The parts that are missing and somewhat expensive.I hope you get it back to original.

WELCOME to the cabe*!* congrats for your find, someone repainted and changed some parts like the seat, the chain sprocket, the rear fender and the handle bar stem {goose neck} etc... missing the front park stand, the chainguard and the basket lid too,,, how much for this project? I saw one wheel at lower left corner, which other bikes did you found? more pics please*!* Thanks

Back