When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycle Truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
View attachment 1498609View attachment 1498610Hi- I am a new member here at CABE. I have been cleaning out my parent's attic, and found several vintage bikes including this Schwinn Cycle Truck, serial number I50041. Looking through some posts here, I think I determined its a postwar bike, but that is about it. If anyone can tell me more about it, how original it is parts-wise and what it might be worth I would greatly appreciate it. I restore cars but know next to nothing about old bikes! Thanks!
I would be interested in buying the Truck if you want to sell it.

Thanks, David

Hi All- Thank you all for the great replies and interest in the Cycle Truck. There are three other bikes, the first two are a 60s Armstrong and a 60s Robin Hood. Pics attached. The last bike is another Schwinn, late 70s, I'll post a pic of that later today. If anyone is interested in buying any of these or the cycle truck, please message me. Thanks again to all!! David

20211021_184638.jpg

20211021_184553.jpg

View attachment 1498609View attachment 1498610Hi- I am a new member here at CABE. I have been cleaning out my parent's attic, and found several vintage bikes including this Schwinn Cycle Truck, serial number I50041. Looking through some posts here, I think I determined its a postwar bike, but that is about it. If anyone can tell me more about it, how original it is parts-wise and what it might be worth I would greatly appreciate it. I restore cars but know next to nothing about old bikes! Thanks!
Also the earliest Cycle Trucks did NOT have the drop stand mounted to the fork . Notice on this picture NO threaded bosses to mount the stand . They used a traditional frame stand until they figured out it wouldn’t stand up when loaded . So it’s definitely prewar. They started making these in 39 so it could even be as early as that .

Also the earliest Cycle Trucks did NOT have the drop stand mounted to the fork . Notice on this picture NO threaded bosses to mount the stand . They used a traditional frame stand until they figured out it wouldn’t stand up when loaded . So it’s definitely prewar. They started making these in 39 so it could even be as early as that .
Prewar cycletrucks did have a front drop stand that attached to and pivoted on the front axle...

Back