When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn cycle truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Fat Biker

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello,
I bought this not even knowing it was a Cycle truck. I just remember seeing a couple when I was a kid and thought they were cool. This one looks as if it was in the middle of restoration at one time. It's missing the badge and I can't for the life of me find where the serial numbers are on it. Does anyone know where to find them? I'm wanting to sell it but don't even know what year it is.....

IMG_20230522_134631166.jpg

IMG_20230522_134558917.jpg

IMG_20230522_134647595.jpg

IMG_20230522_134638495.jpg

IMG_20230522_134657022_HDR.jpg

Hello,
I bought this not even knowing it was a Cycle truck. I just remember seeing a couple when I was a kid and thought they were cool. This one looks as if it was in the middle of restoration at one time. It's missing the badge and I can't for the life of me find where the serial numbers are on it. Does anyone know where to find them? I'm wanting to sell it but don't even know what year it is.....

View attachment 1843816

View attachment 1843817

View attachment 1843819

View attachment 1843821

View attachment 1843822
Chain guard leads me to believe '50s. Look on the rear drop out on the brake side for serial number. I would kill for that original basket.

It's a Post War model and was made up to 1967. It has the front facing drop outs and the kickstand pivots on stubs welded to the fork, not off of shouldered axle nuts like the Pre War models. It's pretty complete, and I agree the "large" basket is the most collectable part on the bike. The serial number will be on the left rear drop out or possibly under the bottom bracket. The chainguard may or might not be correct depending on the serial number age. Put some bars and a handlebar stem on it and it's a rider in my sight. It will make somebody very happy.

John

It's a Post War model and was made up to 1967. It has the front facing drop outs and the kickstand pivots on stubs welded to the fork, not off of shouldered axle nuts like the Pre War models. It's pretty complete, and I agree the "large" basket is the most collectable part on the bike. The serial number will be on the left rear drop out or possibly under the bottom bracket. The chainguard may or might not be correct depending on the serial number age. Put some bars and a handlebar stem on it and it's a rider in my sight. It will make somebody very happy.

John
Thanks for you reply, I hope it does make someone very happy....

HOLA to the cabers" and welcome @Big Fat Biker ! You have a Schwinn cycle truck,postwar project! You have the bones and some parts that belongs to that model during the period of last of the 50s to the start of the last run in 1960s! If do you want to sell, do it like that, because a correct stem or gooseneck, the handle bar and would cost much!
For a rider is a nice bike! The serial# is located in the rear left drop,brake side! Here's a some examples! Good luck whit your project!

Cycle Truck.jpg

Cycle Truck 2.jpg

Screenshot_20230526_155204_Chrome.jpg

Chain guard leads me to believe '50s. Look on the rear drop out on the brake side for serial number. I would kill for that original basket.
Hola @coasterbrakejunkie1969 that style of chaing guard was used approximately 1959@1962 the time after the feathers style, and just before the last run, whit the "J" style! The serial# would give a better timing! The S2 basket was attached to the top of the frame!

John
Hola @Schwinn Sales West ,you're correct in the description or some differences in fork and how the stand was attached; but not for the serial# locations, for the year and model of this cycle truck frames,are located in the rear left brake side,no more in the bottom bracket, for the year,always in the balloons era,when change from one model to other, there's a little gap of info, that can be use,for the owner as his own manner, some stick only to some photos or books, for other the years when they're see for the first time! And you're correct,in case to finishing the project,could
use a cycle truck stem and handle bar,and series 7000 seat! Good luck whit that project!

John
I found the correct bars and gooseneck for the bike, when they were mistakingly put on to another Schwinn I have, thank you for the information..

Back