When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycletruck Fork Threadedd part

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tuscankid

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In need of steertube threaded piece for prewar Schwinn cycletruck.
My cycletruck has the short headtube believe it to be model 18 and not model 20.

member @John made threaded steerers but i do not know if they are long enough for what you need

I currently have four prewar CT frames one of which is a 20" and the others are regular. Three of them including the 20" have headtubes approx 12 1/4" long. One has a headtube that is just over 10". It doesn't look like it was cut down but these aren't my area of expertise. @REC what you say? V/r Shawn

I currently have four prewar CT frames one of which is a 20" and the others are regular. Three of them including the 20" have headtubes approx 12 1/4" long. One has a headtube that is just over 10". It doesn't look like it was cut down but these aren't my area of expertise. @REC what you say? V/r Shawn
There were two different lengths of the headtubes, and I found this out through some documents for ordering the bike from the factory. I'll look for the docments and follow up by adding them into this post.
EDIT: Note there are two headtube lengths in both the 18" and 20" frames

@tuscankid
@Freqman1

REC

Last edited:
There were two different lengths of the headtubes, and I found this out through some documents for ordering the bike from the factory. I'll look for the docments and follow up by adding them into this post.
EDIT: Note there are two headtube lengths in both the 18" and 20" frames
View attachment 1117314

@tuscankid
@Freqman1

REC

Roland that is interesting. I wonder why two different head tube lengths? V/r Shawn

Roland that is interesting. I wonder why two different head tube lengths? V/r Shawn
I have asked myself that a thousand times, and can't figure out a really good reason. The difference seems very slight. Oddly enough, my 20" CT that I bought from you has the shorter headtube.

After you've seen the difference, t becomes much more of a focus looking at others.

My guess - Schwinn's position was "we aim to please, this needs to be available as we don't want to miss"

REC
@Freqman1

This looks like the headtube on my ct.
My top bar is curved and not straight like this one.

So, you need a fork? There is not a "separate steerer tube threaded piece". The fork's steerer tube can be replaced.
Do you have your original fork?

yes, need to replace steerer tube.
I have a neighbor who is a certified welder who fix steerer tube, if and when, I get one.

Back