When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn D-12? Correct parts questions

-
My 53 Meteor was original but had the other style chain wheel, like the D-13 with a standard chain, although it doesn't show that way in the catalog. I think the catalogs may not have been exact, so your D-12 may have come with truss rods, or maybe ordered new with them added.

I'm throwing 10 bucks on the table betting that's a 1952 model D-12. lol Is the serial an A - B or C number? What's the screw spacing in the head badge, 3 1/4 for the large Schwinn oval badge that were on most of the 1953 models?
The D models had the option for truss rods, .75 in 51 and up to a buck 40 in 1954, so they could have been original to the bike.

I'm throwing 10 bucks on the table betting that's a 1952 model D-12. lol Is the serial an A - B or C number? What's the screw spacing in the head badge, 3 1/4 for the large Schwinn oval badge that were on most of the 1953 models?
The D models had the option for truss rods, .75 in 51 and up to a buck 40 in 1954, so they could have been original to the bike.
Serial number starts with A and badge screw spacing is 2 1/4” Previous owner told me he added the truss rods. They are real Schwinn, but he said the bike did not have them when he got it. It also had a beautiful Schwinn ding dong bell on it.
E107DCFA-D58C-4F21-BB22-A9E634BE112C.jpeg

B03E0904-B5F9-4F0D-82EE-C2D34D32DA9B.jpeg

As you can see, the serial number is silver. Never seen that before. It doesn’t look like it was done by someone at home. The lines are perfect and crisp. Anyone ever seen that before?

Back