When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Dbl. Adj. Stem's TOC forefather?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I purchased this stem a while back and when it arrived I was a little crushed to realize it was tweaked to one side.
Very fortunately Matt Assenmacher is close(ish) and very skilled.

So today I had the chance to disassemble it for the first time and I was surprised at what I found.

From a distance I thought this was a very early stem with the same general design and function of the Schwinn Double Adjustable stems on the Town & Country, Paramounts, etc.
Well the design is certainly related but the function of this stem is only to go from a risen stem to a dropped one with the bolt running through the crimped channel in the stem tube.

Some really fine details, note the inset cap, veryyyy reminiscent of the threadless stems Profile makes...right now.

All that to say, anyone seen one before?

c31b55a3996ca3fa8806e3fba8103cd9.jpg

28c36e7873ac7acdcc2e4071273fad4f.jpg

e1450150ca294b5e5b2a60f2532e043d.jpg

99321e919a67c0b3bfdf47aed310478d.jpg

6e58f53798c6b52dccc6b21c8aa9bef5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased this on a TOC "customized" two man tandem that started as a Pope frame. Leads me to think this would have been listed under tandem and heavy duty hardware in a catalog but still lookin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back