When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Debutante...I'm a Glutton for Punishment...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I miss the one owner 61 I found five minutes from my house, 100 percent original bike. Yours should clean up nicely.

64B95A5A-461B-4384-B95B-712D85C86B5F.jpeg

This Debutante is proving to be a real bitch...at least on her neck 😉. The bolt is stuck and just won't budge. No problem loosening the ring, but that !@#$%^ bolt really has me angry. I'll try again tomorrow taking off the front wheel and shootingWD-40 into the head tube.

I have the headlights (bottom section) soaking in Evapo-Rust tonight along with a few bolts. But I don't think there's any way I can straighten out that front rack. That took some hit! To bad...😕

Fenders are more pitted than I had thought, and if I can't get the paint to come back decently, I'm going to start saving parts (wheels, handlebars, etc.) that I'll strip off. Too bad. I had higher hopes for this girl.😟

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg

I know what you mean. I recently had a stem stuck in the fork that was a real M%^&$#. WD40, penetrating oil, rubber mallet for about 15 minutes at a time for three or four days. I was ready to give up. Wala, day five, another whack and it came out. I felt like Rocky running up the steps.

I know what you mean. I recently had a stem stuck in the fork that was a real M%^&$#. WD40, penetrating oil, rubber mallet for about 15 minutes at a time for three or four days. I was ready to give up. Wala, day five, another whack and it came out. I felt like Rocky running up the steps.

It's the bolt in the stem that won't turn. I'll try again today, but I'm not to hopeful. 😟

I don't think there's any way I can straighten out that front rack. That took some hit! To bad...😕
I had a similar situation, it is nearly impossible to counteract the impact it took to damage mine. I could not brace it in any way in order to straighten it out. Maybe try running it over in the opposite direction that it was damaged hahahah

-----

rack -

it looks like the cold-setting force required to move it back toward alignment might be adequate to break loose one or more of the crossbar welds

---

stem -

just stay in there with your favourite penetrating oil and give it some taps every few days

may take a fortnight but it will eventually free up without you doing any permanent harm to it

it could be a two-stage process; once you get the expander free the stem itself may also be seized...patience

-----

Back