When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Debutante...I'm a Glutton for Punishment...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Work continues, but I wanted to put it back together anyway to see how far its come. 🙂 Saddle and grips still need to be cleaned, and more rust removed from the chain guard. Forks are about as white as they can be on the outside, so I'll see when I remove the wheels as to how clean the insides will turn out...

To bad the front rack is toast because of being so bent. 😕 And for whatever reason, the bolt for the twin lights won't fit back properly (I remember it was a pain to remove it!) into the bracket. I'll have to delve farther into that, as I don't want to strip it.

IMG_2635.jpeg

IMG_2636.jpeg

Work continues, but I wanted to put it back together anyway to see how far its come. 🙂 Saddle and grips still need to be cleaned, and more rust removed from the chain guard. Forks are about as white as they can be on the outside, so I'll see when I remove the wheels as to how clean the insides will turn out...

To bad the front rack is toast because of being so bent. 😕 And for whatever reason, the bolt for the twin lights won't fit back properly (I remember it was a pain to remove it!) into the bracket. I'll have to delve farther into that, as I don't want to strip it.

View attachment 1746108

View attachment 1746109
24” or 26” rack? I’ve got both, let me know which you need, and we can try and make a deal.

More AAUGH!! I forgot that Windex eats off the silk-screening...so goodbye SCHWINN and DEBUTANTE on the chain guard.(and some on the tank). 😢 I really am my own worst !@#$%^ enemy. 😕

The paint is looking decent so far, considering I was just going to keep parts off of the bike initially. Spending way more time on this bike than I had planned to, but lets see what happens when I'm done. Worst case, it becomes a parts bike after all.

View attachment 1743160

View attachment 1743161

View attachment 1743162
You're on a wave @HARPO

-----

1671394865823.png

already a strong positive contrast with the "as found" images
1671395076509.png

1671395209389.png

have found that a product called SoftScrub is just the ticket for removing the grey schmutz on the rear reflector housing

---

think she would look better if she were to eschew Stewy

-----

@juvela The grey "Schmutz" is actually the leftover residue of the fake chrome that Schwinn used on the tail lights and the dual head lights. 🙂

I am going to invent a voice player designed for hiding under any rusty bike seat. It would play, "I love you Daddy."or "Please don't amputate my appendages." This would get us through the sloppy part and accelerate the bonding impulse.
"I'm more exciting than green paper." "Please put down the ax. It scares me. Do you rubdown and soak all your girls?"

Last edited:
Just don't stick your finger in her tank hole and you'll be fine. 😂
My childhood included an unfortunate incident involving a bike hole and some fake fur. 1955 Moms in our small town (loaded with steeples) thought that my artwork was too advanced for public viewing. We hid Playboys from our Boy Scout paper drives, in our dirt fort, for reference.

Back