When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn Demonstrator Display

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello, I work with a group that teaches bike safety in the Tulsa Public Schools and a demonstrator like this would be a great asset in showing kids how the gears work. Though I'm sure it's fairly valuable, I have no idea what a "fair" price might be? Can you suggest a price you'd be willing to accept for it? Looks like it's in great shape. I wish they still made something like this for use in such demonstrations. Thanks, M.Schooling, Tulsa, OK (http://bikeclubtulsa.com).

I've been studying and tracking these for years and have created a little "registry" of all those I've seen, with over 20 recorded so far. Please post a clear pic of the LH dropout so I add this one to my list. (EDIT B456501, Feb. '64 stamp, added to my list... thanks!)

Playing with one of these are some of my fondest memories hanging out at my local Schwinn dealer in the late '60s and early '70s. They are fairly rare if you consider only one produced on average per dealer and would make an excellent addition to any Schwinn collection.

I just acquired one of these. The frame comes back dated from 1963 with serial number J339485, and a rear hub date of 1974

IMG_0374.JPG

Reactions: hm.
Thanks for the info, I've added yours to my list of about 30 so far. It is interesting to note that this is the earliest serial number I've recorded so far, however since Schwinn stamped head tubes with serial numbers before being welded into frames the serial is not a clear indication of the mfg. date.

There were 2 different generations of the 10-speed demonstrators. The 1st gen. A2200 model was introduced for sale in the March 1964 Reporter (dealer newsletter) after having first been seen a month earlier in a sales meeting photo in the Feb. '64 Reporter. A photo in the April 1964 Reporter showed one on the counter at a Schwinn dealer. A redesigned 2nd gen. AB-115 model was introduced in 1967 and had several changes over the production run which finally ended in 1976.

This means yours was most likely built in early '64. Note that it is missing the spoke protector and the hub, freewheel, front and rear derailleurs, chainrings and probably the chain are not original as they are all of much later vintage. The original components were "Sprint" branded.

View attachment 977033

Thanks for the info, I've added yours to my list of about 30 so far. It is interesting to note that this is the earliest serial number I've recorded so far, however since Schwinn stamped head tubes with serial numbers before being welded into frames the serial is not a clear indication of the mfg. date.

There were 2 different generations of the 10-speed demonstrators. The 1st gen. A2200 model was introduced for sale in the March 1964 Reporter (dealer newsletter) after having first been seen a month earlier in a sales meeting photo in the Feb. '64 Reporter. A photo in the April 1964 Reporter showed one on the counter at a Schwinn dealer. A redesigned 2nd gen. AB-115 model was introduced in 1967 and had several changes over the production run which finally ended in 1976.

This means yours was most likely built in early '64. Note that it is missing the spoke protector and the hub, freewheel, front and rear derailleurs, chainrings and probably the chain are not original as they are all of much later vintage. The original components were "Sprint" branded.

I really don't know anything about the history of this item. All I remember is we had one at the shop I worked at in the late 70's & early 80's, and I thought it would be cool to own one. I have seen these on Ebay on occasion, but they were either missing parts, in poor condition, or the seller was asking way too much for it. I found this one, and it seemed all complete except for the missing spoke protector that I remembered ours having. The shop I worked at opened in 1964, so I would assume the one we had was a first generation?

aviation cyclery.jpg

I thought that was one of the most interesting things about it. Someone took the trouble to cut it off. I bet there is a story there! Also thought the sign was cool.

Here is a pic of mine with the Twin Stik conversion kit.

demo 4 middle (Medium).JPG

Back