When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn detachable kickstand wanted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Maurice

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm looking for a detachable kickstand for my 1961 Schwinn Tornado, 26". It's the last missing link to finishing this bike. Having trouble finding a correct one. I've searched ebay but... In fact I'm not exactly sure what would be correct. If anyone has one they're willing to sell please reach out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Maurice

ps, older photo. I have since found a front fender and correct rear reflector

IMG_0992.jpg

Wait i might be wrong but i thought Tornado's didnt have the continuous double straight bars. Wouldnt that make this a 62 Typhoon perhaps with missing or removed kickstand

Wait i might be wrong but i thought Tornado's didnt have the continuous double straight bars. Wouldnt that make this a 62 Typhoon perhaps with missing or removed kickstand
That tornado had a midyear change in 1961 and it had the continuous twin bar. I posted the Schwinn newsletter about the frame change on the tornado and the introduction of the Corvette five speed in mid year 1961

I believe this is the one Schwinn used. People never take beauty shots of their kickstands and I've only had models that had the built in stands, except for the prewar Miller stands. There has to be someone here that has one of these in a bucket somewhere. 😜

I think you're right, I've never seen a glamour shot of a kickstand:) I'm guessing most Schwinn middleweights came with built in kickstands. Other manufacturors used detachables too. Interesting part to locate...Last thing I want is to find the wrong one. And like I've seen before, end up stuffing a book or something under a short kickstand:) I think I may have finally located one.
Thanks

Good morning,
I've located a kickstand. THANKS for everyone's help and input! I'm not a kickstand expert and I don't know what an original '61 Schwinn kickstand markings would be. This one says "atwood" on it. But it works, which is all it needs to do.

I've also located a correct size front fender (I don't think the original bike would have chrome fenders, with the white enamel rims) And a correct rear reflector. I had a local pinstriper gal letter it just for fun. And of course it's not an original Schwinn seat, but I picked it up with a Persons seat, so now reupholstered. It's not a completely original bike. But I really like this year frame. And it was fun putting it back together. Again, thanks for all the help!

Back