When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Disc Brake Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jrcarz

Finally riding a big boys bike
What years were the Disc Brake available on the Krates. I am told just 1973 but I was also told 72 and 73?
Thanks

also what is a good price for a 72 Lemon disc krate that is in nice cond. possibly restored?

I believe both 72 & 73 disc brakes were available. A disc krate/peeler is way more money than a regular one. Check sold ebay auctions but they range from $1500 - to the moon!

Of course , condition of original over restored has everything to do with giving a value of a bicycle.

Disc Brake was "NEW for 1972"
Krates 1972 - 1973
Manta-ray 1972
If you look in the 1971 SCHWINN CATALOG there is a Grey Ghost with a Disc Brake set-up, pre-production bicycle for 1972. There are late 1971 Krates and Manta-ray bicycles with Disc Brakes.
I personally own a dated, December 1971 Disc Brake Krate.

thanks everyone. One last question. Is there a way to know if the bike is an original disc krate or if it was added on.
Thanks

There is no information with that details. If the KRATE is dated a 1972 or 1973 more than likely it would have the Disc Brake set-up.

Back