When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn double diamond 100% Made in the USA BMX cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are the two colors I'm debating. I naturally lean red but I'd like to get some thoughts. I won't consider black because most of the bikes I own are black.

View attachment 1425958

View attachment 1425959
How about the red with blue accents? If you get a good quality paint mixed up and have it put in cans. You may be surprised at your results.
Also if you wanted to use stencils you can find them on eBay for about $20.
Best of luck!
Shawn M.

The blue is very classy for sure. As someone born in Ohio and a lifelong Ohio State fan, I have a natural aversion to blue. If you don't know what that means you're not a football fan.

As for the double diamond build, I bought 90s Topline mountain bike cranks to use to give me a Cook Brothers cranks look at a tiny fraction of the price.

ToplineCranks.jpg

Double Diamond? Original post and topic bike: This type of frame is referred as a 'Straight bar'. A double Diamond is not much different than the shapes of the common light weight road bikes of today and I believe a prewar DD would have thicker, heavier tubes too.

What U got there is a prewar 'Straight bar' (Top bar curved, lower is straight) which is exactly what ya want for a old school klunker.
I've seen where this style straight bar with straight instead of curved seatstays has been coined a "Double Diamond" frame in the hobby.

Double Diamond? Original post and topic bike: This type of frame is referred as a 'Straight bar'. A double Diamond is not much different than the shapes of the common light weight road bikes of today and I believe a prewar DD would have thicker, heavier tubes too.

What U got there is a prewar 'Straight bar' (Top bar curved, lower is straight) which is exactly what ya want for a old school klunker.
We calls them ‘35 frames double diamonds

Take a good look at that frame and make note of the straight down tube and the straight seat stays. Double Diamond.

Ya, for sure I'll do that. I'm really struggling with what to do about color, paint/powder coat. I'm hesitant to powder a prewar frame and I don't trust myself to get a nice result from painting.

My tires arrived today.

View attachment 1427332

View attachment 1427333
Double Diamond. I see that now B/C I searched it here: https://vintageamericanbicycles.com/index.php/2019/10/25/elementor-4341/

Yet that's an oddity, moreover apearently, a crossover as the TOC era produced a double diamond. It was a triangle frame in front and same as back.
Take a good look at that frame and make note of the straight down tube and the straight seat stays. Double Diamond.
Yeah I saw that by searching later yesterday, Kind of odd. I mean, it seems like the old school and original Klunker pack, kind of sort of, wanted to attach a virtual Turn of century nomenclature as a plus, perhaps a sales pitch too.. B/C, That description pertaining structural design of rear stays fit's 100's of different bikes. Whereas, 'Double diamond' as I have understood it, is an very early and quite capable frame design that is the most and continued structural pattern of tringles or stays facing front and rear there is.

half the thrill of the build , is waiting for the bits and pieces to arrive😵
I do a lot of pacing around!
great project!! can't wait to see
ps: blue is cool👓

Back