When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Double Diamond

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
16326027659943198493941977137832.jpg

I always wonder why folks want a photo of the serial #. I could show my 4 year old niece a serial number on a bike and she could write it down. she is an exceptional 4 year old, but still 4.

There are roughly 100 pages spread across multiple posts discussing prewar Schwinn serials. The one thing consistent about the charts that are out there is... wait for it.... they're inconsistent.

This is due to a number of circumstances but mainly stem from manufacturing millions of bikes and selling them private labeled through distributors. Most manufacturing systems will still utilize parts manufactured in previous years until stock runs out. I see this all the time with vintage guitars.

Date stamps, serials and specific parts can be great indicators of manufacture date but there will always be outliers. One thing for certain on your bike is it's not a '35.

One chart is pretty specific about A serials with linear, closely spaced small digits.... Yours seems to fit that description and with a '37 crank that seems likely...

On the other hand it's possible it's late '38 early '39 with leftover crank.

As for model you got me... maybe a BC?

My vote is also model C. Mainly because of the shape of the top tube. The front half of the front triangle, the top tube and middle bar run parallel. Where as a BC and ‘36 double diamond, the top tube has more of a curve throughout.

Back