When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn double duty forks where are they??

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
where are all the schwinn double duty forks?? ive never seen one here for sale nor on ebay....any ideas?

I put out the call about a month ago that I would like to buy one but couldn't find any for sale. I'll be patient and save my coin and something will eventually come along. V/r Shawn

They were introed at extra expense

at the same time as the springer-1938 - duh! truss or springer -but why extra for something that you do not really need (extra weight and strength when the plain truss fork was prettty durable)

I got the original one that was on eBay and I love it. In my opinion that are super rare and strong.
It's on the bike that is getting restored and is done just have to pick it up. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Its simple. they were all melted down for WW2. a 5 year old mans bike was a useless thing in 1942, and as such it was unpatriotic to hold onto it. They all went into the war effort.

Its simple. they were all melted down for WW2. a 5 year old mans bike was a useless thing in 1942, and as such it was unpatriotic to hold onto it. They all went into the war effort.

I'm sure a lot were I only know of 10 of them out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back