When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn DX ballooner 46-48???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chevrolet_1954

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello all cabers... I been a member here for awhile. Well i just bought came up on this schwinn DX possibly for a good price. I was told from previous owner that it is a 46' or 47' . i did some research on google and on here also. The SN is C87048 Maybe i can get anyone elses second opinion on what they think about bike or if it is deffinately a 46. Thanks..... P.S i also have the correct era tank, rack, and a pencil tip kickstand.

20190701_195854.jpg

20190701_195902.jpg

20190701_195911.jpg

20190701_195917.jpg

20190701_195925.jpg

20190630_180540.jpg

Despite what you may read the 'pencil' stand was not '46 only. I had an original '47 B6 with this stand and have heard of them even later. That said the stand on it may very well be correct. V/r Shawn

@REC What does your serial number study say about this person's serial number? C87048

Also, I would leave the kickstand it came with; no matter the deceision on the year model...

Learned to drive on a 1952 hardtop Chevrolet; Is yours a HT? Yes, I see the 3 piece rear window; '51 or '52?

Last edited:
Is that a Morrow rear hub? You could check the date code stamp and go from there if that wheel is original to the bike, maybe a P, Q ,R or S?

@REC What does your serial number study say about this person's serial number? C87048

Also, I would leave the kickstand it came with; no matter the deceision on the year model...

Learned to drive on a 1952 hardtop Chevrolet; Is yours a HT? Yes, I see the 3 piece rear window; '51 or '52?
It is a 52 correct hardtop ...

Okay. I have an L stamped Morrow that is a '42. Looks like that would be '46 if they used the O, some codes skipped it but doesn't seem like it here.
Nice looking bike!

Back