When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn DX ballooner 46-48???

-
It is a 52 correct hardtop ...

Can see the side trim now in your avitar; '52. Also, your center grill bar will have 5 'airplanes', '51 had just the bar; and park lenses are FULL lense ('51 was 1/2 lense. Front fender side trim was different on '51; also often a lower 'rock shield' @ fender bottom.

Wait on REC's reply; he may even be able to tell you what quarter of the year your DX was made... Both DX and Chevy Deluxe are cool!

That "P" should have a number from 1-4 after it. This would be the quarter of the year and I'll guess a "4". V/r Shawn

You say you have the correct era tank, rack and tapered stand. I assume the tapered stand is not on this frame. Looking at the paint, I see no signs that this had a tank originally. Possible unequipped DX? The fenders, frame and guard show varying degrees of patina so if this was pieced together dating the bike by the hub date might not be very accurate.

Back