When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn DX Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jive Turkey

Finally riding a big boys bike
I bought this from a Craigslist ad yesterday. According to the Schwinn serial number tool it's either a '51 or '58 but I've since been told it's a '40 model. Obviously, I have a fairly limited knowledge of bicycles and what I do know pertains mostly to Muscle stuff. The bike has the original 'The World' head badge and screen. The serial number is D08696. It's also stamped FRN on the bottom bracket. It appears to have a Morrow rear hub. Other than the obvious handlebars, does everything else appear original?

I bought this from a Craigslist ad yesterday. According to the Schwinn serial number tool it's either a '51 or '58 but I've since been told it's a '40 model. Obviously, I have a fairly limited knowledge of bicycles and what I do know pertains mostly to Muscle stuff. The bike has the original 'The World' head badge and screen. The serial number is D08696. It's also stamped FRN on the bottom bracket. It appears to have a Morrow rear hub. Other than the obvious handlebars, does everything else appear original?

View attachment 1408857
View attachment 1408858
View attachment 1408859
View attachment 1408860
View attachment 1408861

Nice bike! Is that a 65 Cyclone drag car sitting in the garage?

Back