When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn DX questions

-

bbarnson74

Look Ma, No Hands!
image1 (2).JPG
image2 (1).JPG
image3 (1).JPG

I have this DX that I am starting to work on and had a couple questions. I was told it is a 52. I have had alot of Schwinns over the years and this serial number stumped me a bit. Anyone confirm the year on this?

Also, the chain guard tab toward the rear seems to be in an odd spot. The weld does not seem to be broke off from the back and moved, but have never seen it where it is at either. Any help on that?

I'm thinking maybe '47. Not sure about the chainguard tab though. V/r Shawn

Thanks Shawn. This chainguard tab again I have never seen this way. If it was cut there was no cut marks from the back. Not saying it couldn't of been moved, but if it was, this person did a hell of a job. Not one chain guard I have even comes close to fitting this set up.

Easy enough to move the tab and braze it in place. Also looks like the fender holes on the drop outs are missing. I'm guessing a previous owner had some extra time on his hands and made it "custom".
Cheers, Geoff

Good catch on that. Looking at all this stuff and missed that. Would of noticed when it came time for assembly. YAY more welding! :(

Back