When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn DX tank 4-sale

-

dave the wave

I live for the CABE
needs restoring.no rust holes.$100 free shipping.

Attachments

• DSCN0174.jpg
    DSCN0174.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0175.jpg
    DSCN0175.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN0176.jpg
    DSCN0176.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 170
Dave,

Where were you a few months ago when I was dukeing it out on e-bay for a DX tank. Looks like a good deal especially with shipping included. Good luck on the sale.

Robert

any idea on which one it is? I need the 1940 prewar type.
thanks

That tank is not technically correct for a 40 but it will fit and look the part. As far as I know the only real difference in a true prewar tank is that the screws that hold the tank together would be threaded into the bracket instead of being screwed into clips.

Here is my prewar DX with a postwar to just to show that they fit

Attachments

• 01300.jpg
    01300.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 157
someone said that to fit the later tank into a pre-war frame you have to massage the tank a little bit but it's do-able. I'm guessing it has to do with the curved down-tube on the later bikes.
someone correct me if I'm wrong but it has been mentioned that on the 1940's the down-tube is straight for the first 9" or so, this would make the tank area the same as a 1939? and a 1941 would be the same as the post-war models?
maybe someone knowledgeable should make a DX post and outline the history of them from start to finish...

if the tank is not spoken for i'll take shoot me a pm as to where to send the funds...

Back