When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn DX tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
The short story:

Schwinn DX Bicycle tank.
No horn unit included.
Has been repainted.
I believe this is an original Schwinn tank.

$250 shipped in CONUS and you pay the PayPal fees.

The Long story:

A few years ago I was looking for an original postwar DX tank. I found someone on here selling one claiming it was an original Schwinn tank with original paint. The pictures weren’t the best and I bought it. When it showed up and I inspected it closely I could see it had been repainted. The main evidence of a repaint can be seen on the INSIDE of the tank where there is some overspray and even the painter‘s finger prints in the primer. The exterior isn’t professional, but isn’t the worst either- it was apparently good enough to fool the seller. When I brought it to his attention and told him I was unhappy about it he said it was a tank he was selling for an older collector that wasn’t computer savvy. If I remember correctly he said he was told that the seller didn’t know it was a repaint either and that it had been on his garage shelf for something like thirty years. To his credit, the seller did offer me a refund but I was just happy to have an original tank that looked fine for a rider so I kept it.

I believe it is an original but I can‘t be 100% sure since I bought it without the rest of the bike. My thinking had been that if it was a repro it probably wouldn’t have been repainted. Frankly, I think the repros paint quality is better than this also. That’s my main logic.

Also, I tend to believe a fellow CABEr when he tells me this history of it.

If you know a way to tell for sure I’d love to hear it.

$250 shipped in the CONUS and you pay PayPal fees.

This example is not original either, but is 100% accurate template to original. You can see how the bottoms of the feathers are not clipped off and how clean the execution and edges of the image are against the red paint.

Back