When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn DX year ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is a 1955 R01452 through R99999 is a 1955

Schwinn didn't build bikes like that in 1955. The OP's serial is most likely on the bottom bracket. And the tapered stand has also been noted to being used in 1947. The 1948 models are spec'd out with S-2 rims.

Schwinn didn't build bikes like that in 1955. The OP's serial is most likely on the bottom bracket. And the tapered stand has also been noted to being used in 1947. The 1948 models are spec'd out with S-2 rims.
If the Serial # is on the left rear drop out then its a '55

Look at the picture of the bike in question.
Couldn't see the pic w my cell phone...now I can see the drop center rims and fender paint. 1948 drop centers had no knurling (so maybe check that...if it has knurling then '49) Paint scheme leads me to think pre-'48. Factory fire destroyed records prior to '48 so no absolute confirmation but if Serial # R93283 is under the bottom bracket then best guess is late '46 or early '47

Back