When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN EPHEMERA LOTS AT COPAKE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lorne-shields

Look Ma, No Hands!
SCHWINN EPHEMERA FOR SALE AT THE COPAKE AUCTION - APR 21, 2018

http://copakeauction.hibid.com/cata...icycle-auction--april-2018/?q=schwinn&ipp=100

I acquired these items listed in 4 lots at the LEGENADARY Leslie Hindman Sale and was bidder #58. I only acquired the one lot which had these items included. I was interested in the other items which were of an earlier vintage.

30A - SCHWINN ART WORK AND DESIGN MATERIAL FROM 1948 TO THE 1970s
C:\Users\Lorne\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

101_Schwinn.jpg

30a Schwinn original Art Work, Mock-ups, Proofs & Design boards. One includes a Schwinn Phantom for Newspaper Boy advertising. Another magazine proof is circa 1948 for "Schwinn's on Television Â…. Wherever Television is received". Dates range from 1948 through the 1970s for accessories such as their Generator Light set, an extensive range of artwork for their new advertising theme of "bicycle parts/accessories" program including artwork for their 1970 "COG" box, and "Be an Early Bird" spring accessory program. About 17 pieces. Sizes range up to about 22" x 28". Unique offering. From the Leslie Hindman Schwinn Sale April 6, 1997. Condition varies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

31A - SCHWINN ADVERTISING MATERIAL USED IN BICYCLING MAGAZIE'S FEB. 1984 BUYER'S GUIDE
102_Schwinn.jpg

31a Schwinn Photo Stills and preparatory material for Bicycling Magazine's February 1984 Buyer's Guide to 215 Bikes. Lot includes an example of the Bicycling Magazine issue + photographs, stills, mock ups, art boards and much more. Models illustrated are the Competition, Touring, Peloton, Voyager, Le Tour, & High Sierra. Includes the original Transparencies from Gamma Photo Labs of Chicago. These alone would likely have cost Schwinn well over $10,000 at that time. About 30 pieces ranging in size from 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" to 18-1/2" x 24-1/2". Art Boards are 15" x 20". From the Leslie Hindman Schwinn Sale April 6, 1997. Some soiled items. Condition is mixed.

184a – ORIGINAL ARTWORK for SCHWINN “PREDATOR” DESIGN
103_Schwinn.jpg

Schwinn Predator artwork. Celluloid "still" and original artwork. Boards are each 14-1/2 x 22". From the Leslie Hindeman Schwinn Sale April 6, 1997. Includes envelope from the factory as well. Work done by Harry Beier Studios, Inc. of Chicago.

C:\Users\Lorne\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.jpg

210a - ORIGINAL ARTWORK for SCHWINN “REFLECTOR KIT”
104_Schwinn.jpg

Schwinn Reflector Kit photographic artwork for their Reflector Kit. 7 boards total. 6 assorted 14" x 11" + 1, 22" x 14". Copyright 1974 for Schwinn Bicycle Company. In original envelope marked Bradley Printing Company of Elmhurst, Ill with the notes "PROOF". From the Leslie Hindman Schwinn Sale April 6, 1997

Feel free to contace me if you have any questions. B. T. W... I still have my paddle from the sale.

Cheers ... Lorne Shields

101_Schwinn.jpg

102_Schwinn.jpg

103_Schwinn.jpg

Last edited:
Back