When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Excelsior Frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

klunker

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello, new to this form, usually a lightweight bike guy, but always admired these older bikes, am going to start by assembling a 'Klunker', then will eventually get a nicer original tank bike.

Can you help id this frame out of interest? Is it a prewar Schwinn? Excelsior? Ser no on Bottom Bracket is Y03897, curved downtube, and rear-facing rear dropouts.

Many thanks, great site, good people.

"Better people thru Bikes!"

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/GoHabs1/Klunker/

It looks like a pre-war B Model Schwinn frame to me. The fork is a braced truss and also looks Schwinn but I think the right tube is bent about 2/3's of the way down. Those things are usually damaged somehow.:( The crank and chain ring are not pre-war and not original to bike. Can't tell about the pedals. B607

Schwinn Excelsior Frame

It looks like a pre-war B Model Schwinn frame to me. The fork is a braced truss and also looks Schwinn but I think the right tube is bent about 2/3's of the way down. Those things are usually damaged somehow.:( The crank and chain ring are not pre-war and not original to bike. Can't tell about the pedals. B607

Hey thanks B607, good observation on the forks, I am getting it shipped so I don't have it in hand yet. Not too concerned about the forks, as I can use something else in building the klunker, it will have 'modern' Aria drum brake hubs, I'll find another fork if I need to. Like the braced truss though, would look cool with truss rods put back on.....and crank was going to be replaced anyways...thanks again

Anyone else have a frame like this they want to sell, let me know thanks , something suitable for a klunker build....

Back